Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What a day

Whew...what a day. It's 8:00 pm and I'm finally sitting down to dinner. It was a crazy day at work. I was supposed to leave @ 4:00 but there was no way I was getting out of there on time. After leaving after 5:00, dropping a co-worker off to get her car, picking Cole up from day care, getting him dinner, going to the gym (cardio boxing...am I so old and out of shape), we finally arrived home @ 7:45 pm. I'm almost too tired to eat. Gave Cole a quick bath and played our good-night kiss game and started some laundry. Wow...my life is filled with excitment. Actually, I wouldn't change it for the world. I laugh at work when co-workers say "I need to get a life" or "go out and have some fun". To each his own...my life is fun and enjoyable. Hearing "Mommy, I love you" can wipe any bad day away. Cole is all the entertainment (and work) I need. Yesterday, my day care was closed and my parents were off work so they kept Cole. When I arrived Cole was playing the "mommy" and my dad was the baby (not too far from the truth). Cole was making him "Beef Strong-enough". Each time he would bring the "baby" a meal, he would request something else. He was a very patient "mommy". My mom said they had played various games all day. My mom and Cole went to the park and they played fireman for quite awhile. My mom got to get the imanginary hose while Cole ran all around the park "putting out the fire". When it was time to leave, Cole was all out of kisses and had to make some more (picture lots of rapid hand movements). He talked my ear off the entire way to the gym. After the gym, we went back to my work and installed new software until 10:00 pm. He followed me around looking in all the drawers. Finally, he located a stethoscope and he was the doctor. He cracked me up because I called him Dr. Littlefeather and he said "NO...I'm Dr. Martin" (she is one of the doctors I work with). He had to listen to my chest and ...er ...backside, the fish tank, the doors, etc. When we got the doctor's office he saw a picture of Dr. Martin and Dr. Bryant's daughters and he said "those are my girls, Ana and Fafe (Faith)". Finally, we were done and it was time to go home, sleep, and start all over again.

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

Your writing is really good! I like your blog already. Cole will appreciate it someday, too.

Hey, I tagged you for a meme - see my blog for details.

www.vetmommy.blogspot.com