Friday, January 13, 2006

Chocolate anyone?

I love Friday's because it is the only day of the week I don't have to be at work by 7:00 and can sleep in (and besides it's FRIDAY!). Cole is usually wide awake and we get to spend some time together before the day starts. This morning after we ate breakfast I started to get Cole dressed for school. He asked if he could have a mini-peanut butter cup (okay not the best after breakfast snack, but not going to ruin his life either)...he took two. I got his shirt on and then sent him in to go potty before putting his pants on. A few minutes later I saw him waddling down the hall and when I turned to look he had an impish smirk on his face. I was thinking, oh great, he probably has poop stuck on his butt or something. He gets to me and turns around and there wedged between his cute little butt cheeks is a peanut butter cup, he turns and says "Mommy, do you want some chocolate from my butt?". I laughed so hard...I mean how does he think of this stuff. I promise I didn't teach him that trick! At least the candy was still wrapped ;-) . So, be warned if you are reading this and ever come to visit you might think twice before eating any candy you find...you never know where it might have been.

P.S. I didn't eat the candy, but he sure did! YUMMY!

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

I can't believe he stuffed his chocolate there... good thing it wasn't a tootsie roll! Oh, boys and bathroom humor!

Your posts about Cole's tantrums at daycare made me smile with sympathy -- it is so AWFUL when they act like that. I think they really know they're putting your heart and ego through the wringer. Sounds like you handled it with your usual cool head. How can these little people be so absolutely precious most of the time and so supremely frustrating at other times?

And, of course, they reserve this hystrionic behavior just for us, those they love the most.

Can't wait for the next tale.