Sunday, September 28, 2008

Early Birthday


My birthday is in a couple of days but we celebrated this weekend since our week is packed full of everyday life. My brother and I are 2 years and 3 days apart so we have always shared our birthdays and this one is no exception. Check out the great cake that Cole helped make and decorated all on his own! After Cole's baseball game we went for some great Tex-Mex tonight and then opened our gifts. Cole got me a watch that he picked out on his own...that kid has great taste. My mom said that he had wanted to buy me a diamond ring too, but she had to nix that purchase :-) My parent's gift was a personal trainer at the gym that my mom and I are sharing. We had our first session with him on Saturday and I'm sore today. My gift to myself is a three month group fitness class at the gym that is 3 nights a week. Plus my mom and Leah are going to be with me, so it should be lots of fun! I've been working out daily for the past few months and have lost about 20 lbs, but I've still got a lot of work to do.
Cole cracked me up this weekend. He was talking about me getting married again and then he stops and looks at me and with a serious tone he asks, "Wait, you do still have your baby parts right?" Yup, but those are another year older too!

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Happy Birthday! No boot scootin' at the Spoke? That cake is precious.

Dana said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! It's a lot easier to do when you're happy. Have a great birthday!

Emily said...

Love that Cole has icing all over his mouth and chin! Looks like he enjoyed making it.

And the "baby parts" comment cracked me up!

Congrats on the weight loss! You go girl!!