Tuesday, September 09, 2008

First Days

Well the first two days are done and I have LOVED every minute of it! The school, my mentor teacher, and class are all amazing! It is going to be a wonderful experience.

In the weeks leading up to the first day I was so nervous. On Monday morning I woke up jitter free. I felt confident and ready for my first day. I have been pitching in where I can and have chosen a day for my first solo lesson. The days go by amazingly fast and the school already feels like home. While the kids come from a different class of life than I have known, they are still young enough to not realize the difference. Some of their experiences are truly remarkable. This is a generalization, but in my experience most teacher's favorite students are the girls because they are sweet and eager to please. That's true, but I guess because I'm used to Cole, I love the little boys. Their imagination and unbridled enthusiasm brings a smile to my face.

My mentor teacher is pregnant and may not be coming back and another 3rd grade teacher is pregnant so there is a slim chance there might be an opening in the spring, if I make a good impression.

I can't wait to go back tomorrow!

3 comments:

Joey said...

Wow!! I'm so thrilled for you. It sounds like all your hard work is paying off and there are no regrets. How wonderful. This is me giving you a (BIG hug). Keep the updates coming (even though I can't seem to do it myself).

Vetmommy said...

Oh, wouldn't that be great if you could work at the school you already know and love, or maybe even with the kids who trust you! Glad it is going well!

Dana said...

Yay Kareen!!!!!!!! Told you that you would love third grade.

Your sarcasm at work will not be missed too much: Anne is coming back, so she'll fill in nicely:) You, yourself, are much missed! But we're happy for you and proud of you!