Monday, January 29, 2007

In sickness and in health

There is nothing worse than having a sick kid. When you are used to them running at full tilt, seeing them weak and febrile is heartbreaking. Cole spent a few hours with his dad yesterday (and Carla his "friend"). When he got home he seemed out of sorts. I wasn't sure if he was tired or upset and he didn't say...he just didn't seem himself. Shortly after he got home we had to leave for hockey, at first he said he didn't want to go then he said he did and seemed excited. As soon as we got to the hockey rink he had a huge meltdown which was completely out of character. He cried about going to practice and when I said he didn't have to he cried about that as well. After he started hysterically crying in the parking lot I made the decision for him. He calmed down in the car and we had previous plans to visit "Obo" at his new restaurant http://www.texaslandandcattle.com. At dinner Cole didn't want to eat and quickly fell asleep in my lap, by the end of dinner his face was flushed with fever. We came home and I gave him some motrin. He coughed most of the night and around midnight coughed and threw up all over me and the bed. This morning his fever was up to 102. I had to call into work which I never do and we made a doctors appointment. It seems my little Colebug has strep, and ear infection and a cough. His throat looked horrible and I know how I awful I felt a few weeks ago when I had strep, so I can only imagine how he feels. We spent the day at home cuddled together watching movies. His fever stays down as long as I give the Motrin every 6 hours. Hopefully, he will feel better tomorrow after the antibiotics have 24 hours to do their magic.

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Hey, we have strep at our place, too, complete with the flushed cheeks and vomiting. In fact, on Thursday Anna vomited all over her work in another teacher's classroom! Just think of what you have to look forward to!

Get well soon, Colebug.

Leah said...

Poor Cole E Bug......I hope he gets better soon.