Saturday, January 27, 2007

File this under "U"

"U" for unbelievable or "U" gotta be sh*ting me!!! Tonight we were all at Home Depot and while I was watching Cole pretend to drive the tractors my phone rings and "Loser" displays on the screen (I know...I know...I'm so mature...hey it was N2 (as in N squared) for a while for numbnuts)...ANYWAY! I answered and R asked if I was at home. When I said no, he said that he was on his way into Austin and wanted me to do an Internet search for hotels for the night. I thought this was a little bit weird because two weekends ago he stayed with a friend, but whatever. He then asked what our plans where for tomorrow. When I replied, he said he wanted to have Cole for several hours because he brought a "friend" with him that he REALLY wanted Cole to meet. The nerve. Wanting me to research a hotel for him and his "friend". Some people have no clue..as he has proved time and time again.

Under normal circumstances I think single parents should be EXTREMELY cautious about introducing someone they are dating to their children. Children form attachments very easily and when those relationships fail, it is another loss felt by the child. Obviously, these aren't normal circumstances, Cole really doesn't even have a bond with his dad and so far a visit from him and the subsequent parting doesn't appear to have much of an impact at all. So if R calls tomorrow I will let Cole go and meet the "friend". Who knows how long this renewed lackadaisical interest will last in Cole, so we should just make the best of the situation.

I find it hard to believe that R has changed his core person and learned from his prior relationship mistakes. He was dating before we were even divorced...actually he was going out and trying to date while we were still living in the same house...and was even involved in a short relationship before he moved, so I knew he would be moving on.

As for me....I'm still NO WHERE near being ready for anything or anyone else. I still don't know if I ever will be. Luckily for me, I have all the love I need from Cole!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I can't believe that he has the nerve to bring a "friend" to met Cole. Why cant "R" or N2 just spend time and try and repair the relationship with Cole alone for now. Maybe R is trying to push your buttons STILL.???

Vetmommy said...

Wow, he really is clueless and self-absorbed. Good for you for seeing the big picture. Did you steer them towards the nearest roach motel?