Sunday, June 04, 2006

Its too quiet around here

I forget that I rarely have any alone time. When I’m presented with it, I’m at a lost for what to do. Cole fell asleep @ 6:30 tonight on the way home from Hockey. 6:30!!! I have the rest of the evening to myself. Suddenly the house seems too quiet. All those times, I inwardly prayed for even a moment of piece and quiet and now I don’t know what to do. I guess I’ll just relax and enjoy the moment by blogging without interruption, with a quick recap on our weekend.

Cole and I (my mom too, I think) eagerly await the pool opening each year. Once the pool is opened that is where we spend the majority of our time. We went swimming Saturday and Sunday this weekend. We joined our neighborhood pool, which was cheap and convenient. The pool has a diving board, which is Cole’s favorite part. We must have jumped off a million times this weekend. I was exhausted. Before Cole, if I went to the pool at all, I quietly slinked in hoping no one would notice me and stayed in the water until it was time to leave. Now, it’s in and out, in and out, jump and dive, jump and dive. I have so much fun with him, for a moment I forget all my insecurities. It is a workout swimming with him and I secretly look forward to the mandatory rest period (adult swim) every hour. We are forced to get out and rest for 15 minutes (YIPEE).

So after a long weekend of swimming, followed by hockey lessons, no wonder he fell asleep @ 6:30. I’m going to go kick back and relax and get ready for the long week ahead.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I love my quite times....I rearly get them as well. But I too don't know what to do with them. I sometimes feel guilty just sitting and relaxing..I feel like I should be doing something.