Monday, June 19, 2006

We're not home!!!!

I walked outside tonight to throw some trash away and noticed a woman going door-to-door with a clipboard. When I went back inside the house, I told Cole that in a few minutes our doorbell would ring or someone would knock at the door. I said we were going to be real quiet and pretend we weren’t at home. “Why?,” he asked. I said because she was selling something and I didn’t want to talk to her. “Okay, Mom we will be sneaky-peaky and real quiet.” A few minutes later, we heard knocking at the door. Cole ducks down and loudly yells “WE’RE NOT HOME!!!!!”. Ummm, gee thanks, that was subtle. I started laughing and look at him. He looks back, wide-eyed and clamps his hand over his mouth and starts to laugh. So, by the WE’RE NOT HOME and the peals of laughter coming from inside, do you think we fooled her?

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

That is so funny! Kids are so upfront, we have to teach them to be deceptive!

Good for you for having Cole call your X, sorry for the same ol' crappy line.

Leah said...

He just cracks me up!!!! So did you answer the door anyway?

Vetmommy said...

I realize you are probably taking a vacation from us AND your blog, but I wish you were updating anyway. You missed a great meeting today. We all miss you.