Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Week #2 of the fat loss contest

Well, Leah and I are midway through the second week of the "body fat loss" contest. The contest is up to $1400 for the winners. We will be re-weighed/measured in 3 weeks. I have been pleased with myself. I've been really disciplined with my diet and exercise, thus far. The real challenge will be the week long vacation surrounded by food 24/7. However the cruise ship does have a gym and my mom and I plan to walk every morning, as well. I have already lost 9 lbs. I won't know about the body fat until the final day, though. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by the end of September and then set a new goal. I have always battle with my weight. Several years ago, I actually lost over 50 lbs then watched (and ate) as it crept back up. When I'm sad or stressed I eat and as my marriage spiraled downward my weight crept upwards. I've put aside all the excused I've made for myself over the years and am determined to continue to focus on my goal everyday. I want to be a fit and healthy mom for Cole, so I can continue to enjoy all the physical things we do. Also, I want to be a positive role model for Cole.

Typically, I stick to one exercise routine and then get bored after time. This time I'm trying several different things to add variety. We even tried spinning this week. When I first joined the gym and saw a spinning class, I swore I would never even try the class. Now, 5 months later here I find myself sitting on a bike, peddling away (going nowhere fast). One question though, with all the "natural" padding I have on my behind, why does the seat hurt so DAMN much? My nether regions hurt so bad for 2 days (they say it gets better after the third or fourth time, we'll see). Plus, having exercise buddies Leah & Maureen (who officially joined this week) have helped. It's added motivation and makes the time fly (especially laughing at Maureen).

So, hopefully 3 weeks from now, I will be a winner!! Wait a minute, I'll be a winner no matter what because I'm making the appropriate changes to better my life.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

High five for making healthy choices!

Leah said...

Man..she is such a dork....but HIGH FIVE for healthy choices!!!!
We are going to do it!!! Take one day at a time.

Vetmommy said...

That is such a great post! You have the right attitude and you are doing it for all the right reasons. You lost the weight before and I know you can do it again.

Go Team!