Monday, June 05, 2006

My bad

Today was Cole’s first day in his new class. He started in the summer Pre-K class, it is the transition class for Pre-K that starts with the new school year. He proudly showed me his new cubby and classroom. He showed me his “clwass work” for the day. He traced his name and created a card using foam number stickers, placing them 1 – 10. He was most excited about being able to play on the “growed up” playground. Miss Margaret is the Pre-K teacher. When he was a baby he was afraid of her, but he loves her now (although I wish he would quit referring to her as my “black” friend Miss Margaret, luckily she’s not offended.) He told Miss Margaret today, that he has been waiting his whole life to start in her class, which in a way I guess he was :-) He said his new friends were nice but he didn’t like their mommies. When I asked why he said, “Because they had ugly dresses on”. He then quickly reassured me that I didn’t have any ugly clothes, how sweet.

We had to make a quick stop at the grocery store and I let Cole pick dinner, of course he chose steak. We came home and grilled and have been going through his toys that his dad brought over (since he is moving). We need to give so many toys away. He is one spoiled kid! He dropped one of the toys on my foot and said, “My bad”. My bad!!! Where does he hear these things? He cracks me up. He just looked at the watch he found and said it is “thirty o’clock” and about time for bed. Actually, it is about time for bed, so off we go.

1 comment:

Leah said...

kids say the cutiest things...In his eyes you are the BEST mommy ever. (and your are)