Monday, April 02, 2007

Glorious Spring

I needed the weekend. Last week was another crappy week at work. The beautiful spring weather was just what I needed.

Sunday we got up and did several hours of yard work. Both of flower beds in my parent's yard were only growing weeds. They need to be completely re-done. We got up early and got to work, pulling weeds and hoeing and then planting some new flowering bushes. Despite the aching muscles it was a lot of fun. We got to get dirty, see millions of rolly pollies, worms, a snail, and even a snake slithering through the clover. Cole got to help plant, dig, and sweep. While pulling weeds in the back, he sighed and said, "I'm not as young as I used to be." My mom and I died laughing.

After cleaning up we went to the Easter Egg Hunt at the YMCA. It was the first event I have ever been too that everything was FREE. Free games for the kids, free petting zoo, free face painting, free food. Free fun!

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

Free is invaluable, especially for kids.