Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Coming or Going

Leah and I started training with our group for the Triathalon. Each day we have a set work out to do and we meet our group twice a week. While I like knowing what to do and how long to do it each day, finding time has been rough. My days are already so full this has just been a lot of work fitting work outs in.

Monday night we were supposed to swim for 30 minutes. Just our luck the YMCA that we belong to is re-doing it's pool until this end of April. We thought about swimming at a local outdoor heated pool, but it's closed for cleaning. Next we were going to go to another outdoor heated pool, it closed too early. Finally we decided on going to a pool at another gym that Leah belongs to. They were open late (I couldn't go until Cole was in bed and Leah had a dance class). We get to the pool at 8:45pm. I arrive and Leah is standing outside, looking mad. The PH was off in the pool and they had closed it at 8:00! We both wanted to give up. So here we are standing outside a gym at a quarter till 9:00 pm. We both had been up since 5:00 am and hadn't stopped since. Leah still had an hour drive home and I still had a test to study for. We called the downtown YMCA and found out that pool was open until 9:45 pm. We looked at each other for a long moment, jumped into my car and sped over there. Yeah it was open! It was a great pool, and not busy that time of night, duh! We were happy to finally be in the water and even happier to keep to our workout schedule. Yeah us!

The next night we were supposed to bike for 30 minutes. Leah got up before work and rode and I rode in the rain soaked streets in the evening, praying I wouldn't fishtail around the turns. We have been calling to check up on each other.

The bonus is I'm done with school in a few weeks, so hopefully I will have a little more free time.

1 comment:

Joey said...

Good grief! Ya'll put me to shame. I'm such a bum. I would've given up on the swim plan after the 1st pool closing:)