Thursday, April 19, 2007

"Dumb Ask"

Dozier, my parent's morbidly obese dog is always underfoot. He is often called names by everyone in the house. At dinner time he likes to lay under Cole's chair. The other night at dinner he kept bumping Cole's chair and Cole said "Move Dozier you dumb ask". When I asked him what he called Dozier he said, "Dumb ask". His mispronunciation was funny, guess he thinks that is what people say. Kids truly do hear everything people say.

Since the title of this post is "dumb ask" this applies too. In an earlier post I had mentioned that Cole's dad had called 4 days before his birthday. During that call he had mentioned he had already sent a package along with Cole's insurance card (since I have now paid around $1400 for insurance since September when he started being covered under R's plan, but no card, no proof). He said he "couldn't remember what day" he mailed the package but it was the previous week "he thought". I knew he was lying. Why? Because he was opening his mouth. Surprise, surprise there still hasn't been a package. He better be careful because very soon, Cole will remember his lies....luckily right now he is still blissfully unaware.

I'm sad for Cole when I see how much he really responds to men. He LOVES his baseball coach. He always rushes out so say hi when we arrive, seeks out high-fives, hugs onto his legs, and hugs him bye. Bless his coach, he really pays Cole special attention without making it obvious. My eternal question will always be, why can others love Cole but not his own dad?

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

Good question. No good answer, I'm afraid.