Thursday, April 05, 2007

Gameball and other meanderings

Tonight Cole had his third T-ball game. He did a great job tonight. Not in the I'm going to be drafted by MLB way but in the I'm Cole way. The second inning the coach put him in at pitcher (they just pretend to pitch) but they are hit the majority of the balls. He stopped almost everyone and always with his goofy grin! The next inning he played catcher and again he was running after the ball. At bat he did well and ran hard. He cracks everyone up when he runs, because he looks like he is running in S L O W M O T I O N...but he thinks he is running fast, again always with that trademark grin. His coach is really beginning to spend some extra time with Cole which he needs and wants. Cole really looks forward to seeing Coach Joseph and getting "high-fives". This week at practice Cole was even standing with his arm around him, which about broke my heart. Anyway...after each game the coach awards the game ball to one player. Tonight he gave it to Cole. Cole was so excited and immediately came running to me. We have it in a silver glove trophy left over from my dad's coaching days. Cole is so proud.

I had some exciting news today. I had applied for several scholarships at school for next semester. I had to write an essay and give turn in some letters of recommendations. I submitted two letters from professors and one from my boss at work, and one from one of the doctors. I got an e-mail today that I was awarded a scholarship. YIPEE!! There is an award ceremony on the 12th that I have to attend to officially "accept" my scholarship. I'm excited, any little bit helps.

Only a few more days until Cole's "pirate" birthday party. I'm praying it doesn't rain. Cole has three boys from school that are supposed to attend and my friend Jennifer's boys, so we should have a great time. He is very excited. I've been sick w/ Strep AGAIN, so I'm hoping he doesn't get sick too. But so far he has been healthy. The running bet around my house is if his dad will even remember it is his birthday. Guess, we will see.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Oh by the way...I will be there. I forgot to RSVP. Sorry. I am one of those people we were talking about. You will have to get one of those baseball holders for his first "game ball"...YEAH on your scholarship....all your hard work is paying off....you so deserve it.

Vetmommy said...

I hope the party was good despite the crappity-crap weather. Congrats on the scholarship - you deserve it!