Monday, December 04, 2006

Hide-n-seek

A few nights ago Cole was playing hide-n-seek in the house with my dad. For those of you who don't know my dad, this was a momentous occasion. My dad spends each and every evening sitting in his recliner watching TV. He often plays with Cole but from the comfort of his chair. To see him up and playing and actually hiding was so cool. He had hid in their closet and I helped Cole find him. When he jumped out of the dark closet Cole squealed with fear and glee. Then my mom and I were invited to play. Here were Cole's instructions to us "You girls go count to twenty while Papa and I hide in the closet." In the closet? Hope we can find you. Laughing we went and counted to twenty and then pretended to look for them through out the house calling their name. My dad said whenever he would hear us he would start giggling his whole body shaking with the anticipation of being found. Being the best "seekers" in the whole world we did eventually find them. Imagine our surprise when they were hiding in the closet!!!!!

A quick pee note for Vetmommy http://www.vetmommy.blogspot.com:

When Cole and I watch TV in the "basement" (AKA the laundry room) he often will go outside to pee vs. trying to get past the dog to go to the bathroom on the other side of the house. Tonight he needed to go, but it was too cold. I looked over just in time to see tiny clenched white butt cheeks and one hand holding up the flap of the doggie door. He was going to pee through the door because it's "too cold" to go outside. Thank goodness I caught him because I'm sure that would have been one heck of a mess. FYI he still decided to step outside and pee and brave the cold. He said it was "so cold his tee almost decided to go away." Gotta love those boys!!!

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Oh man, I could just imagine the pee icicle he could've made out the doggie door. Even if he went outside to pee, at least he didn't have to bare all his backside in order to relieve himself like a girl would've! Its not fair, I tell ya...

Leah said...

Man, I wish you could have gotten a picture of that. He would love to see that when he gets older.

Anonymous said...

The mental picture is adorable! You have to admit, that's pretty darn ingenious to even think of that. We took a walk at the neighborhood pond/tank a couple days ago and naturally Faith had to pee. Unfortunately, she can't squat with pants on without getting pee all over her pants and panties, so we have to completely undress her from the waist down right in front of the 4 golfers at the nearby tee!

Maureen said...

OH man, Cole is a riot!