Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'M FINISHED....I'M FINISHED

Well at least for a month. Tonight was my last final (actually a presentation complete with 25 lessons plans and a visual aid). A month off, AAHHH! I don't even want to begin to think of next semester with full-time work and school...I feel the anxiety coming back...baby steps, baby steps.

While I was walking to my class tonight I had to smile. There were two guys walking next to me and one was saying to the other "If I hate my job when I graduate in May what a colossal waste of a decade this will be!" I smiled for several reasons 1) YIPEE I'm not the only fool that is taking forever to go to school and yes I'm 31 and this will be the first time in my entire life I've been able to go to school full-time, anyway. 2) I may be doing the school think back-asswards by going when I'm ANCIENT, but I'm very confident in what I want to do aftewards. Matter of fact, that is what gets me through the dark days of work when I want to run screaming or put pins in my whining employee of the day voodoo doll (for those of you at work that covertly read blog but don't admit it, I do love you, but you sure can cause some gray hair) . Give me a whining child over a whiney adult any day.

So I will enjoy the next month and be thankful I don't have to leave work in a rush, drive to San Marcos in a rush, and drive back to pick up Cole in a rush, drive home do my homework, help with Cole's etc. I hope December DRAGS by :-)

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Congratulations! I hope you get some good rest and bonding time with Cole this month.

Maureen said...

So this means you and Cole can hang out with me right?

Anonymous said...

Ancient???? Excuse me, but, don't you know Enricka?????