Sunday, December 24, 2006

I'd rather pill a cat

Most people who have tried to medicate a cat know sometimes it's extremely difficult. I'd still rather medicate a cat than a four-year-old. After Cole's visit to the doctor on Thursday he was already on two medications (a steroid and cough medicine). His doctor had also given me a script for an antibiotic in case he developed a fever (since we were going into a long Holiday weekend).

Saturday we went to see "Happy Feet" at the Imax. During the movie he snuggled into my lap and I could feel the heat radiating off his little body. When the movie was over, he cheeks were candy apple red. So now in addition to his previous two medication, we have now added Motrin and an antibiotic. It's been a twice a day battle. I have to chase him down, bargain, reason, beg, threaten to get him to take the medicine. He doesn't mind the taste of the Motrin or the Antibiotic (it's just a lot) but it still takes some convincing to get those down. The other two he hates and it's a struggle. I only wish I could wrap him in a towel and wait for the "hiss" to shoot the pill down. That would be great!

He's feeling better today. We made cookies for Santa and are eagerly awaiting his arrival tonight!

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

Its funny how often people will say to me that I am so "brave" for doing exams and treatments on their own animals - its nothing like dealing with a willfull child!