Friday, December 22, 2006

Waterworks

Yesterday was Cole's Christmas Program at school. His Pre-K teacher had the developed skits to several Christmas songs where the kids sang and danced and the parents were invited to go watch. The kids were so excited that morning. I slipped out of work and both of my parent's came to watch the program. Cole was in the first "act" he had to be dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, and a baseball hat. They sang "I'm getting nothing for Christmas!" He was so cute. He then had to change into a white dress shirt, black pants and a black tie for the rest of the program. They sang several other songs. Whenever I watch him do things like that I always cry, I'm so lame. I will cry watching other cute things, not even just my own kid. Afterwards I had to head back to work, Cole was so upset he couldn't go with me.

Work has been crazy this week. With the holidays everyone has been on edge. I was ready for the week to be over by about 10:00am on Monday morning! URRGGGGHHHH! That's all I can say. At point the week I stepped out into the rain just the get away before I exploded (that would make a mess)! Anyway, I'm off all next week. Daycare is closed Monday and Tuesday, but I took the whole week for a mental health break.

Oh, I have a rant from yesterday, as well. I took Cole to the doctor yesterday because he has had a nasty cough for about 10 days that is getting worse. I had dropped off his prescription and went back to pick them up after dinner. There was this ignorant LOUD redneck cell phone talker guy in line behind me. In his country drawl he loudly was talking about "I got a CAAULL today from JD's school. He got in trouble for actin' out on de bus. I'm gonna WHOOP his ASS when I get home. I will just hit 'em where it won't leave a mark!" Even if he was kidding, which I'm not sure he was, why would he think everyone would want to hear this? He went on to complain that his "damn child support" was on his credit report and said if whoever was waiting in his truck for him left the store(because the lines were so long) he was going to call the "PULLL-LEEESE". I've heard way too much of people's personal information on cell phones these days!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I think if I had a child I would cry too. I know what you mean about people talking on their cell phones. Nobody wants to hear crap like that. Its rare that I talk about personal stuff on my cell phone in front of other people.

Leah said...

P.S- are you ready to start training?