Saturday, March 17, 2007

Yee-haw

Thursday Cole and I spent the day at the Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo. We had a great time. They have a lot of kids activities which Cole enjoyed. He rode a pony, watched a dairy cow being milked, went through the petting zoo, got his picture taken on a plastic bull. He actually competed in the rodeo, too. They had "stick horse" rodeo. You donate a dollar to the FFA scholarship fund and the kids get to enter an event and compete. Cole picked, Broncho riding. They announce the kids name, age, and city on the microphone and say a "fun fact" about each kid and then the event begins. Cole won second place and all partcipates got a ribbon and rounds of applause. We walked around and looked at the various animals for show. Cole LOVES horses and he made us walk down row afer row of horses until we had seen them all.

For lunch we shared typical "fair" food of a corn dog, fries and a lemonade, and enjoyed compliminatory ice cream cones from Borden Farms.

Then we headed over to the amusement park. We purchsed "half-day" wrist bands for $15/each which I thought was pretty reasonable since most rides were at least 3 tickets (1 ticket is 1 dollar). Our first ride was the ferris wheel, which is Cole's favorite because you can "see all of the town". We rode two roller coasters (the one's Cole is tall enought to ride on) and one ride that spins you forwards and backwards, very fast which Cole also loved. We went throught the two "fun" houses at least 4 times. They also have a "super slide" that you have to ride down on a potato sack. I don't like this ride, but Cole loves it. He isn't tall enough for that ride yet either so he has to ride on my lap. So heart beating eratically I gamely climbed the steps to the top and risked my life (okay maybe just my pride)by trying to hold onto Cole while hurtling toward the ground on a potato sack. We survived.

The rodeo was a great way to spend a day. I was glad to see that Cole was afraid of any ride and loved them all. I can't wait until May when we go to Disney World!

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

That sounds like so much fun. You guys always know how to do the rodeo right. Maybe we should tag along next year.

Leah said...

I am such a chicken..I would never get on any of the rides at Disney World. Good for Cole

Vetmommy said...

Nice new template! I like the tagline, too.

Joey said...

I like your new template, too! You should keep a log of Cole's quotes. Heck, I should do the same.