Sunday, March 25, 2007

Confessions

I had been keeping a secret from my mom. Nothing momentous, but a secret nonetheless. Leah and I had decided last month to compete in the Danksin triathlon with Vetmommy. Vetmommy is in awesome shape, Leah and I have some work to do.

Leah and I registered last week. This week while review the Danskin website I noticed a link for the Austin training. I looked at the link, but was hesitant to spend the additional money for training. I logged off my computer and went to bed. I kept thinking about the website. Around midnight I decided I was going to join the training. I figured I was worth it, it's time to take my life back. I logged back on and registered. The first day of training is April 11, Cole' birthday...I thought this was a great sign. This will now be my "birth day" too!

Today Leah and Vetmommy and I went to the Veloway to ride bikes, we did 9 miles. Jerry Leah's hubby came along to watch the kiddos. The first two loops, Jerry watched Anna and Cole while Vetmommy pulled Colin in the trailer. The last loop he watched Colin and Vetmommy pulled Anna and Cole! We had fun and I've become much more comfortable on the bike. This evening Cole and I went to buy him a "big boy bike" so he's ready to go back out there right now!

So to my already hectic schedule I'm adding getting in shape, but I'm ready for the challenge!

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

I had so much fun today! I was SO glad Colin let me leave him alone w/Jerry so Anna and Cole could have a turn. They were great company.

I am so proud of you and Leah for doing this. It will be so good for you - for your physical health, for your self confidence, and will make you an even greater role model for Cole. Now, he will know he can do anything he sets his mind to.

I hate that you have to delete. Maybe you could just edit/delete most of the first few paragraphs?

I remember how you said once if someone says you can't do something, it just makes you that much more determined. So, there's your motivation!

Leah said...

I think you too should keep the post..If you must edit then edit...maybe it would be good for your mom to read that you need support from her too in this area of life. I had a lot of fun today too even though I was dying after the hill. We can do this and we will be better people for doing it.

Luna said...

Babe, you don't need her support. You have a network of other people that know you will do this because you set your mind to it. I'm sending you support all the way from Boston, do ya feel tha energy?!?