Thursday, March 01, 2007

I need a transporter

It's 2007, shouldn't we all have our own transporting devices and we could zip around town with those. I felt like I spent half my day today in the car in traffic. I left OakHill at 6:20 am, drove to south Austin to daycare, drove to San Marcos for school. Drove from San Marcos back to OakHill to work out. Rushed out of the gym to drive back to south Austin to pick Cole up from daycare and take him to T-ball practice and then home again around 6:45 pm.

I almost skipped the gym because I knew that I would be pressed for time, but the gym is virtually the only thing I do for myself, so I hated to give that up. Besides Thursday is the night I meet with my personal trainer. I was five minutes late for my session, thanks to traffic and I HATE being late.

I'm exhausted and I really don't like the Texas Transportation Department, especially the engineers that designed the new Benwhite/290 Flyover. To get on the dang thing from IH35 you have to sit throughout MANY light changes and have to go down to Congress and sit through even more light changes just to enter 290 and of course you have the people who fly by you in the middle lane and then cut you off at the last moment to enter 290. They are WAY too important to sit in line, like the rest of us poor saps. Okay, enough ranting for tonight.

I'm adding to my heated commuting post.

The other night at dinner my dad was antagonizing Cole and Cole held up his pointer finger and drew two imaginary lines in the air. My dad asked what he was doing and he said "I just X'd you out" and we all laughed. My dad kept picking on him and Cole did it again, but more vigorously and said, "Now I scribbled scrabbled you out." Tonight as Cole was giving his goodnight kisses, my dad asked if he was still "X'd" out and Cole said "No, I erased you." My dad said, "What am I now then." Without missing a beat, Cole hopped down from his chair, shrugged and nonchalantly replied, " Still mean". Out of the mouths of babes!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Traffic does suck...I feel the same way....but you do more running around than I do. Cole is very witty. Love you Cole E Bug.

Joey said...

Cole is pretty clever.

John and I b&*tch about the Ben White/I35 interchange all the time. They totally discriminated against everyone who lives/travels south of Ben White. What the H*&L were they thinking? The population is booming in Hays County. We have rights!