Sunday, March 11, 2007

This never happens to me

For the past few weeks when I driving at a decent speed and apply my brakes my steering wheel vibrates (like when exiting the Interstate). This weekend it was worse than ever. Every time I've thought about it I just saw dollar signs scrolling through my mind, car repairs are so expensive.

Several years ago I was having some car trouble and broke down. I took that car to Firestone, because it was the closest. The estimate they gave me was outrageous, I paid to have my car towed to the only other place I found open on the weekends which was PepBoys and they said a lot of the things on my original estimate were BS and fixed my car for much less, since then I have always used them.

Last year I had my brake pads replaced there, so I called and they said to bring the car in. I had "goggled" the symptoms my car was having and google said it was usually a warped roter. I took my car into PepBoys this morning and they called to say it was in fact a warped roter on the passenger side. Since my brake replacement was still under warranty to get the roter fixed, to replace the driver's side one too and replace the brake pads it would only be $51. WHAT??? I pay close to that sometimes just for an oil change. YIPEEE! I was so happy. Glad I took it back to them.

1 comment:

Leah said...

wow..I have never thought they were so resonable. I will keep that in mind.