Sunday, July 23, 2006

Where did the weekend go?

Well, it is Sunday evening and once again I can't believe the weekend flew by so fast. Friday I got out of work at 3:30. It was so nice. I have had to work late on Friday for so many years, I forgot how nice leaving early on Friday, can be. After a quick stop at the grocery store, Cole and I were home a little after 4:00 pm. I came home and was going to throw on some shorts and decided what the heck, it is no one here but us, so I got into my PJ's to make us dinner. We had a quiet and relaxing night.

Saturday we went swimming for a few hours with my mom. Afterwards, Cole went to my mom's house for a few hours. He always wants to go home with her after swimming (even when we went to the beach in Hawaii, he'd say Mommy I want to go to Granny's house later). I took a nice long shower, picked up the house, and got to read for a while, uninterrupted. Later, my parents picked me up and we went to dinner. Then Cole and I went bowling with Leah. He was so excited and had the best time. It was funny watching Leah watch him. I'm so used to how much he talks and all the silly things he does. She had the same thought as me..."wish I had that much energy". We then went for some Amy's (or as Leah calls it Yma's...don't ask) ice cream.

Sunday, we went to the Pirates of the Caribbean movie with my mom and Leah. Half the movie Cole acted scared and kept partially covering his eyes. But during our bathroom breaks he would say, "we gotta hurry back to the movie". Afterwards he said he loved the movie and wanted to go again. At least he will be another year older when the next one comes out. Afterwards we went to his hockey lessons. A few more weeks and he might be in the full gear learn to play class. YIKES! His instructor assured me that someone can tell me what equipment to buy and how to dress him, because I know diddly about hockey. It's hard enough getting his skates on every week.

Well, that about wraps it up. It's time for another worldwind week. I need to contact the attornery general this week, because still no mula has arrived..shocker! I also need to make some calls on alternate (read less expensive) health insurance for the bug, and decide what classes I'm going to take next semester.... oh, and deal with whatever drama this week at work brings, is it Friday yet?

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

You did ALL THAT this weekend? Whew, no wonder it went so fast!

Leah said...

Okay...I wish I had the energy that Kareen and Cole both have. You do so much and I don't know how you have kept from going postal (with people at work)---man my hair stinks (old house stink)...sorry I got a whiff of my hair...