Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The invisible gang

My son is an over-achiever. He doesn't just have an invisible friend. He has an entire gang. It's the Scooby Doo gang. You know Shaggy, Scooby, Velma, Daphne and Fred? For the past several days they have gone everywhere with us. Sunday at the grocery store they helped us push the cart. When returning to the car, we had to buckle all of their seat belts. I set my purse on the front seat and Cole said, "Mom, move your purse you just set it on Shaggy and Scooby". Oops, sorry I didn't realize they were both up front with me. At home they all took a bath with Cole and then we had to brush their teeth, that makes six sets of teeth, if you are counting. After brushing Cole's and two of the gangs, I wisely pulled the Cole you are such a big boy card. I told him that he was such a big helper that he could brush the rest of the gang's teeth, which he proudly did. We had to make room for them in the bed. The gang also rode with us to daycare the next morning (more seat belts - at least the gang is concerned about safety). At daycare, I closed the car door and Cole said, "Mom, all the gang isn't out of the car yet!". I had to open the door and let the remainder of the gang out. At least the gang is quiet and doesn't make a mess and hasn't increased my grocery bill. They are a good group to keep around!

2 comments:

Leah said...

He is so cute... and you are such a great mom. I am sure not a lot of parents would go along with this. You seem to be a fun mom.

Vetmommy said...

I love the imagination of preschoolers. Good for you for going along!