Monday, July 17, 2006

The love of family and friends

People keep asking me if I'm ready to date again. No....HELL NO, actually! It is the furthest thing from my mind, actually something I cannot even fathom. The last four years of my life, Randy contributed little to nothing to my happiness or to Cole's. I'm comfortable with how my life is. Last week when someone at work asked me the above question and I gave my typical response. They said, "Don't you think that is unfair to Cole?" Actually, no I don't. Cole has the love of family and my friends. I'm thankful for all of them. As time progress, I have been overwhelmed with the love and support we have both been shown. People that are just a 'po as me, have offered to help any way they can. It means so much to me. Anyone that takes the time to get to know Cole, falls in love with him. That is what is important to me, not whether I have a man around to take care of us. A friend's girlfriend said tonight, "You can just tell he is such a happy little guy." That made my evening, because his happiness is all that matters to me. If ever at some point in my life (like when hell freezes over) I start to date again (shudder) it won't be because Cole wasn't loved enough.

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

Yeah, I hafta agree; you shouldn't date for COLE's sake, it should be when you and your heart are ready. However, don't let a good one get away just because you "think" you aren't ready - sometimes the heart is ready before the head. Oh hell, who am I to give advice? I think you are doing the right thing right now.