Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Funny and Sad

Tonight at dinner Cole told me that he was going to do a magic trick. He said he was going to make two cars come out of his hat by saying "Ab-bra, ka-da-bra". He then took the "Book 'Em" Horns hat off his head and put the cars inside, saying in serious tone, with a shake of his head, "I'm not putting these cars in my hat." Then he placed the lumpy hat (that didn't contain any cars, wink, wink) on his head. He stood up and yelled, "Ab-bra, ka-da-bra" and with a wave of his hand, off came the hat, and to my surprise (again...wink...wink) there were two cars. YEAH! He was so proud. He said "I DID IT, I DID IT, Say Good job Cole!". Good job, Cole, very good job!

The sad part....once again, I was reminded of the fact that Cole has so little bond with his dad. He was telling me tonight, that he didn't "want a Daddy". He said, " I only need Mommies, Grannies, Papas, Obos, and Maureens (Obo's girlfriend). I told him that his dad loved him (in his way, I know he does), but Cole wouldn't change his mind. It just frustrates me, because, Cole is a wonderful, smart, and funny kid and I wish his dad got to know him better. Once again, I'm thankful for the love everyone else gives him, so THANK you! I'm VERY proud Cole is happy and well-adjusted. I love him enough for a Mommy and Daddy. I promise that I will always do my best to make sure that his never misses out on any thing in life, because he has a single parent. Besides, my mom is more involved than his dad ever was, so on the weekends it's kind of like having 2 parents (EEWWW.....that could be a Jerry Springer show!). Thanks everyone for your support and your great comments on my blog!

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Yes, you do have a real ally in your mom. It is sad that R. is not more involved, but at least Cole has his Grandpa and Obo to be good male role models in his life.

Hey, as a blogger myself, I know these comments mean a lot to the author. Can I get a HOLLA for everyone who thinks Kareen is an awesome mom? HOLLAH!

Leah said...

HOLLAH!!!!!!!!! Your a great mom!!!! I think it is normal to doubt yourself as a mom. Just so you know from the outside looking in, you are a wonderful mom and you do so much for Colebug. Most parents who work 40hrs and go to school and workout would be to tired to spend real quality time with their kids. You do more for Cole than some kids with two parents would do. Again your GREAT!!!

Maureen said...

HOLLA HOLLA!!! I can only aspire to be as good with my kids as she is with Cole! :)