Monday, March 27, 2006

Wilson

I have a cat named Wilson. I always tell stories about him because he is a "challanged" cat. He was brought into work as a kitten by a woman who saw him thrown from a car. I was going to foster him. However, a 1 1/2 years later I still had him. He was such a skittish cat and only like me and Cole (I always said, what cat in their right mind, would seek out a three-year-old to play with?) They loved each other. Wilson, was the first cat I had ever had declawed (despite my co-workers protest) because he would accidently hurt Cole when they were playing. He slept in the crook of Cole's neck every night and in the morning would sit on my lap, purring away, while I did my morning business (sorry...but it's true). Then he would jump on the edge of the tub and sit there while I showered. Despite, being declawed he was a climbing fool, too. His favorite spot was on top of the kitchen cabinets.

On Thursday while I was at work he got out (when the front door blew open). I noticed he was gone later than evening. I searched everywhere and have since then. My best guess is that he went outside and something scared him, so he took off. I hate the wondering and the not knowing. Besides, it was SO cold this weekend. I've searched in bushes, in the gutter, in every hidey-hole I've found and I've driven around and around searching. On Friday, I was very upset and broke down a little in front of Cole. He was so sweet, he cradled my head and stroked my hair saying, "Mommy, don't cry" and wiped away my tears. He told me "Don't worry, I think a Teddy Bear ate Wilson" which made me laugh and said Wilson would "come back next year" and he "would get me another Wilson". He really tried to make me feel better and actually did.

It has been 5 days now and still no sign of him. Even though I would hate find that he had been hit by a car, that would bring closure. It is better than thinking of him cold, wet, scared and starving to death. Plus, I know he's so scared of other people he wouldn't go up to anyone, either. So, to make myself feel somewhat better, I will keep looking and hoping.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I am so sorry about your Wilson. I know you love him. Its the not knowing that is the hardest. Keep positive. I will keep praying that he will come home soon.