Sunday, February 05, 2006

Playscape

Last Christmas, my parents, my grandparents, Cole's dad and I, all put money towards buying Cole a playscape. It was one of the playscape kits that come with all the hardware and you purchase the wood. The playscape became a huge issue between Cole's dad and I. It was never a priority for him and for months the wood just sat in our backyard. It took him forever to build, finally, it was mostly done after about six months. Still after all that time, it never had a ladder. When Cole wanted to play, he either had to climb up the slide or I had to lift him up, over and over again.

When I moved out, his dad said that he would move the playscape to my parent's house. They have a huge backyard and we are over there all the time. But of course, he never moved it. He even took a week off at Christmas "to have time to move the playscape" but never did. The house will be gone for good by next week. So if we didn't move it soon, we would never get it. I HATE to ask people for help with anything. It makes me uncomfortable. Since Cole and I left, I've had to relay on others, more than ever. One of my co-workers, volunteered to help move the playscape and he is handy, so I knew he was probably the only person I know that could do the job. My parents rented a U-haul for us. My co-worker, another friend/co-worker and her boyfriend met us out at the house. It took a few hours but we got it apart and even had some laughs while working. The people who are currently in the house said they had asked Cole's dad where the ladder was and he said that he had taken it off and moved it to my parent's house already. PAAAHHLEASSSE! One year later and no ladder was EVER built, just another lie to add to the pile.

My co-worker and I hauled it back to my parents house and then he assembled it (better than it was before). Cole had a blast playing on it. It still needs a ladder, but at least it is moved. What a feeling of relief to have the playscape moved and re-built. Now only, if we can have a ladder built in less than a year! So, thanks to everyone who has helped me out the past few months!

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

I can't believe that whopper! He must really dislike himself to delude even himself with so many lies. Sounds like he is really circling the drain since you left him. No wonder you feel such a relief - you were shouldering quite a burden. Anyway, glad Cole has his playscape available again.

Vetmommy said...

WOW! New template! I like it, a lot more than the old one (a little hard to read, and kinda GOTH). Now you just need to fix your links on the sidebar - I can show you how to do this if you want.