Sunday, April 13, 2008

Birthday Recap


Cole has officially been "6" for two whole days now. He had a great birthday, plus my grandma flew in for his big day.

The morning of his birthday, I took him to breakfast before school. I had to make a quick stop at HEB to pick up a veggie tray for work and he showed me all the things he can do better now that he is "6". He could walk "faster" and he was "stronger" because the veggie tray was much "heavier" when he was "5". I dropped him and his cupcakes off at school and his friends were so excited to see him. After school, we headed to my brother's work for dinner. Finally it was time for presents. He got everything he wanted and more. He was very happy to get the fish tank that he'd been wanting.

Saturday afternoon he had his birthday part at Chuck E. Cheese. He had a wonderful time! This is the best turn-out he'd ever had. He couldn't stop talking about all his "best friends" that came to his party. Thanks to everyone who made his day so special!

In case you were wondering, no call from his dad. It's officially been over a year now. No gift either, although I wasn't expecting one since he hasn't given him a birthday gift on his own ever. The year we were separated he came to the party empty handed and once he moved to NY, nada and nada. Again I'm humbled and grateful to everyone who shares in my love of Cole so that he doesn't feel the absence of his dad.

4 comments:

Leah said...

I am so glad that the party turned out so well. Sorry I could be there. HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE!!!!

Vetmommy said...

Cole is a special boy. Anna and Colin adore him and were so excited to share in the celebration!

Alissa said...

Sounds like the party was a success. Glad he had a great birthday!

Joey said...

Once again, you're doing a fabulous job as a parent!