Thursday, July 26, 2007

I used to be a baby dinosaur?


When I am in school Cole's nightly bedtime story isn't always a kid's book, especially the night before a test. Last semester I often read to Cole from my physics book which put him to sleep in seconds (me too for that matter). This semester it hasn't worked so well. When I read to him from my science book he enjoys it and I am peppered with questions.


Tonight I was reading to him (AKA studying for a test). One of the 8 chapters my test is on (yes I said 8----welcome to summer school) is reproduction. We have talked before about where babies come from and he has been fascinated by stories of my pregnancy, especially the part of him kicking me in the ribs. I have also told him about how when I first found out I was pregnant he was as small as a peanut and kinda of shaped like one, so that's what I called him in the beginning "peanut". He loves that story.


On one of the pages was a diagram of the progression from embryo to fetus. Cole was enthralled. As I was showing him the pictures, he looks at me his eyes wide with wonder and asks in awe "I used to be a baby DINOSAUR?" I started laughing so hard my eyes watered. When I looked at the picture again, it did look like a baby dinosaur. Kids are so funny. I think he was actually disappointed when I told him that he wasn't a dinosaur. :-)

4 comments:

Leah said...

He just cracks me up. You are so smart...I would have never thought to read him a "story" from any of my school books. What a way to GET IT DONE and spend time with the bug..(aka dinosaur)

Emily said...

HAHAHA! Oh, that's classic.

Vetmommy said...

Yeah, a REALLY REALLY small dinosaur!

Dana said...

I'm disappointed that he wasn't a baby dinosaur, too!!!