Friday, July 20, 2007

:-(

I just completed the second week of Summer II, only 3 weeks to go. This semester in addition to being fast paced with difficult material has been rough on me as a mom. I see Cole for about 45 minutes max a day. I wake him up and drive him to daycare. I work eight to nine hours then head to evening classes. I'm home around 8:30PM and we spend a few minutes together before it's off to bed. This crazy schedule keeps him up later than normal but at least we get to spend a few moments together.

My mom has been taking on the majority of raising my son, which I'm thankful for but still sad about. It's truly amazing how much I miss him during the day. The quick call in between classes gets me through the evening. He has been extra loving and overjoyed to see me. He is leached onto me during the evening and has been very helpful. At least we have the weekends together.

My dad has actually gotten in on the action. He picked Cole up two days in a row from school and they got along well until my mom got home. My mom will most likely have to go out of town before I finish this semester and he will have to pick up Cole.

My grandfather fell and broke his hip last week and isn't doing well. He was already weak and underweight. He has become malnourished and is not doing well. My mom is going to fly to Arizona to be with my grandparents. It's depressing to think of my grandfather in this type of condition. He just has no fight left. Ten years ago, he said he was ready to go at any time. At what point do you stop living and you start waiting to die?

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

I know its hard but this compressed semester will get you closer to your goal. I am so sorry about your grandfather. Its hard to see someone you love lose part of themselves.

Leah said...

Hang in there. You will make it and before you know it you will be looking back saying wow...that was fast. (okay maybe not)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I'm done traveling for work so if you need Curtis or I to help out with Cole while your mom is gone, please let me know. One more kid is no biggie at the "kid factory".

It sounds like you're doing a great job with balancing your school, work, and spending time with Cole.

Emily said...

You're really amazing, juggling so much. It sounds like Cole cherishes the time with you that he has, and you are doing all this for a better future.
Sorry about your grandad.