Monday, August 21, 2006

Moved

Well, the long weekend of moving is finally over. As far as moving goes, it wasn't bad as it could have been. It was hotter than hades. We moved most of the day on Saturday and then got back here and set up the rooms and started unpacking. Cole and I have our own bedrooms and we have our own "TV" room, as well. My parents have been more than gracious trying to make us feel "at home".

On Sunday, we went back to the old place to clean up which is never fun. Today we had the carpets cleaned and I handed over the keys and got my entire deposit back. My landlord was such a jerk the entire time I lived there. Luckily the place was still in great condition even with me, my brother, a child, a dog, and three cats living there. So the deposit goes back to my parents who paid it initially and another chapter closes in my life.

Tonight I brought the cats over which boarded at work all weekend. Bandit is hiding under my parents bed, Toad is investigating everything, and Al is slinking around and has already been in/out the dog door several times. My parents dog is ignoring them and my brother's boxer is curious and wants to play. My dad REALLY dislikes cats. Everytime I've looked at him tonight he has been rolling his eyes and making faces. Al jumped in his lap and my dad said, "Get down!". Whewwww, not really sure how this is going to work. I guess, I need to keep trying to find them homes. Three cats is a lot, I admit (four including my parent's mostly outdoor cat). Cats are much less needy/annoying than dogs. They basically mind their own business, until bedtime or mealtime. But, in a house that isn't use to cats they are a BIG deal. I guess time will tell what further sacrifices we have to make.

Cole has been doing good since we moved. He slept in his new bunk bed two nights in a row. The first night he crawled in bed with me around 3:00 am. Last night made it until my alarm went off. He came in saying, "His bed was tired of him." We watched cartoons in my bed while I showered. When I came out my mom was laying in bed snuggling him. When he saw me, he gently pushed my mom and said, "I think it is time for you to get out now, Granny" as he opened his arms to me. We both cracked up.

So day three of living at home and we are all still alive, guess we will see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Give all of yourselves some time... I'll bet your dad gets more used to the cats after a while, even if he never likes them, and I'm sure he'll keep you aware of that fact. Everyone's adjusting, even the felines.

Leah said...

I was going to say that your dad will get use to the cats after awhile too. It will take some time for everyone to adjust to this new situation. I am glad "Cole E" likes his new bed. My heart just breaks when I think about everything he has gone through this year. But you are doing a great job being there for him. You are not alone and remember I am always here for you and Cole E.