Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bunk Beds for two

My parents have bought Cole a bunk bed. He got to help pick it out and he was excited to go see it. We headed over last Sunday to go take a look. On the way, I asked him if he was going to sleep in his new bed alone. He said yes. I was shocked and excited and then he said, he was going to sleep on the top bed and the baby brother I was going to give him was going to sleep on the bottom. 'Scuse me? Bed check, scobby doo blankets check, baby brother, oops forget something.

When we got to my mom's he practiced climbing the ladder about a million times. My mom and I had to be his "baby brothers" (picture two grown women squeezed together on a twin sized mattress). Our names? He named my mom "Mister Beach" (which I pronounced Mister "BEE-AAACH") and I was "Mister Ball". We had a good time and Cole made a good, if somewhat bossy big brother.

So, I hope he enjoys his new bed and I'll will continue to play "baby brother"...just not every night.

No comments: