Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Exhausted

Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile. The last few weeks have been very rough for me at work and I haven't been in a blogging frame of mind.

First the fun part of my day. Tuesday's and Thursday's are my early days. I get off @ 3pm. Cole has been begging to go bowling, again. We tried to go on Saturday but it was an hour wait. So, Tuesday morning when I woke him up to go to school, he asked "are we going bowling?". I thought, why not? We made plans to go after work. It was a perfect day/time to go. The alley was virtually empty. We bowled two games and had a great time. However, even though only Cole and I were bowling, he still asked "Is it my turn yet?" EVERY time. One time (when in fact it WAS his turn), he went to roll the ball and he tripped and the ball flew out of his hands. It began to roll towards the adjacent lane. He went running after it. I jumped up to stop him and reached him just as he had crossed the foul line. He took one step on the shiny, oiled lane and his feet went flying every direction. Laughing, I pulled him back. After bowling, we went to dinner and to the gym.

Leah and I, tried a hardbodies class (don't laugh). They announced that in June they are having a contest for pairs. They contest is to see which pair can lose the most body fat in 5 weeks. It's $12.50 to join and the winning pair takes home the mula. So, Leah I'm calling you OUT! We are going to do this, so you better be ready.

Once I got home, I was walking through the front room and thought I saw a cockroach (I'd seen a couple of those nasty tree roaches the past few weeks). When I got close, I realized it was a SCORPION. I hate those things (MORE THAN BEES!!!!). It was dead and it was missing it's stinger. One of the cats must have killed it, probably the new kitten (more on him later). Just the sight of a scorpion, even in a picture, gives me the willies. I called my mom to see what my dad sprays with, but he was in bed. She said she would find out in the morning, because it was late and I wouldn't be going to the store tonight. WHAT? Not go to the store tonight. Doesn't she want me to sleep? ;-) As she was saying this, I was thinking "I'm SO going to the store right now." I didn't tell her, because she'd think I was crazy. So Cole and I raced off to Home Depot. We walked in 1 minute till 9:00. However, they were very helpful and helped me pick a product that would work and be safe for the zoo at home after it dries. We got home, Cole went to bed, and the cleaning/spraying frenzy began. I finally showered at midnight and went to bed. Thank goodness, I do not have to be in until 8:00 am tomorrow. WHEWW!! Hopefully there will be no more scorpions....dead or alive!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Oh I am ready!!!! At least I will not have to be on a boat during so of this time. With food wall to wall, 24 hrs a day. I am glad you are going instead of me. I think you will do fine with that temptation.

Vetmommy said...

Go Leah and Kareen!