Monday, April 24, 2006

To pee, or not to pee

On Saturday, Cole and I went on a long shopping trip with my mom. We are getting ready for the Hawaiian cruise this summer. Cole was in a great mood all day, especially considering we weren’t even shopping for him. After finishing our shopping we headed to Marble Slab Ice cream for a little treat. As we were leaving, Cole wanted to go play in the water fountain outside and jump off ALL the benches. Well, the adults were tired and ready to go. I finally had to go pick him up off a bench, which made him pouty. When he’s mad he likes to play favorites. So, of course, he automatically wanted my mom. She offered a piggyback. In full pout mode, he wouldn’t look at me and moved his leg when I tried to touch him. The entire time, he is mumbling things to my mom about me. You know, “My mom’s mean”, “I only want you Granny”(I don’t remember his exact words just the general grumbling). We were about halfway to the car and we started laughing. My mom said, “Don’t laugh, I’ve got to pee.” Of course, Cole keeps grumbling and we laugh harder. Then suddenly…my mom got this horrified look on her face. It was a combination of terror, embarrassment and shock (I look I won’t soon forget). She says, “It’s not funny, I’m peeing in my pants.” I started laughing harder as we were hurrying to the car. She says, “no, really it’s not funny, I can feel it dripping down my leg.”-still laughing herself. She immediately gets close to the back of the car and she’s embarrassed. I look down and sure enough there is a dark stain on the front of her blue jean capris. I started laughing so hard (doubled over, back cramping, laughing). Cole looks at her pants and says, “That’s disgusting.” More laughter. She gets a towel to sit on, Cole climbs in her car (still mad at me) and they drive off.

I get into my car to follow her home, look down and realized, I peed too! I hard a dark (although smaller stain – I might point out). I started laughing again so hard I could barely drive. When we get to her house, I jump out to show her, what had happened (you know, so she wouldn’t feel alone) and she starts peeing all over again. It was so funny! Cole is looking at us and saying “disgusting, mommy and Granny peed in their pants.”
So, I know the story is gross and embarrassing (sorry Mom!) but it was hysterical at the time. The next day I took Cole to the park and he had to poop and we hurried to find a potty, he said, “Mommy, if I poop in my undies you can’t be mad because you and Granny peed in your undies yesterday.” So true, so true. Luckily he made it to the bathroom in time. Pretty sad when two adults go shopping with a four-year-old and he was the only one who didn’t have an accident.

3 comments:

Leah said...

OH MY GOD!!! I was laughing so hard that if I hadn't gone to the bathroom before reading this I prob. would have peed too. Its good to know something embarrasing about your mom since she knows about me...HA HA...A family who pee's together stays together.....

Luna said...

LMFAO! Hey, now you can't say a thing about my airport pee story! eerrr and the Shawn scared me in the parking lot story.... and the I sneezed in your car story....

Vetmommy said...

Glad to know we're not the only ones dealing with leaky pee! Ha ha!