Sunday, October 26, 2008

Camp out




I come from a family that didn't go camping, fishing, boating, or love the beach. I love all of these things. Perhaps if I grew up doing this things, I wouldn't enjoy them so much now. I've been wanting to take Cole camping, but I am not quite brave enough to go with just the two of us. The cooler weather has made me want to go even more. So Cole and I came up with a plan...




We camped out in the backyard. On Saturday we set up our tent and eagerly waited for darkness to fall. I had bought a mini-grill so we could have a fire. We sat in our flannel pajamas and roasted marshmallows and made smores. Then we crawled into the tent. We drank hot chocolate out of a thermos, while we played endless rounds of Sorry!, Go Fish, War, and Pokeman. As I looked at his face bathed in the soft glow of the lantern, I thought to myself that nothing could be better than this.




This morning, we woke up to the sounds of birds chattering and watched the squirrels perform their acrobatics overhead. It was perfect.




Now time for a "real" camping trip!


1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

That sounds like lots of fun! No mosquitoes either, eh?