Sunday, December 23, 2007

Tradition

I love traditions. At Christmastime each year we take Cole to the Trail of Lights. Since I sprained my ankle last Sunday, I thought we weren't going to be able to go this year. I'm able to get around, but with a limp. Since tonight was the last night, I decided we were going to go. It's quite a walk through the trails so I told Cole that this year he would have to walk the entire way and that I wouldn't be able to carry him. He was still eager to go. My mom came with us (thinking I've totally lost my mind). The easiest thing to do is park several miles away and ride the city bus to the trail, so that's what we did. The lines were so long. Once we got on the crowded bus and on our way, Cole looked at us and said, "I think someone is passing out gas. Not the kind that goes in your car, but the toot kind." Laughing my mom said, "That might happen on a crowded bus." He emphatically replied, "It did happen!" He makes me laugh.

The trail was so crowded. I ended up limping with Cole on my shoulders, because that was the only way he was going to be able to see anything there were so many people. Despite the limp and the crowds, I'm still glad we went.

3 comments:

Emily said...

You are such a trooper! Better take care of that ankle so it will heal well.
Merry Christmas!

Vetmommy said...

I can't believe you went, without a wheelchair! I'm sure it was worth it for Cole. Merry Christmas!

Leah said...

how funny...I just wrote about traditions....I have never been to the trail of lights. Maybe next year I will go.