Sunday, December 09, 2007

Holiday Spirit

Last night was our company holiday party. It was an unusual evening. I can't say too much, since so many of our co-workers read our blogs. Vetmommy has a few great photos posted on her blog. I did enjoy the evening of people watching. I got hit on for the first time in YEARS, sadly it was by my very inebriated boss. I love her.....just not in that way :) and I wasn't the only one, just had her eye on, just the only one whose face she licked!!!! JK It was all in good fun.

This morning, when we woke up we turned on some Christmas music and started putting up the tree. Cole was so excited. We let him put the star on the tree and he was so proud of himself. We had a great time going through our ornaments. There were some special ones that my grandpa had carved. Cole found a "special spot" for those. He enjoyed seeing an ornament that I made as a kid. The best part is when Cole was a baby, I started a tradition of getting an ornament made with either his or our names and the year. He loved finding each one and he can't wait to pick one out this year. When we asked him to climb under the tree to put the tree skirt under, he looked at us and said with wonder "I didn't know our Christmas tree was a girl!" We laughed so hard.

We will have a mini-Christmas this weekend. My grandma comes in this week. This will be the first time I've seen her since the whole funeral ordeal. Awkward to say the least. Christmas without my grandpa will be bittersweet.

At least a cold front blew in tonight...makes me a little more in the holiday mood.

4 comments:

Leah said...

The party was great. I think it was because we don't have the negitive people like we did last year.

Emily said...

Ha ha! That's a great comment about the tree skirt.

Vetmommy said...

Kids are great at helping to get you in the holiday mood, and to help you remember what the season is all about.

Andarius said...

Couldn't help but get an image of my boss licking my face... I'll get over it though, I think.

Hope you and your lil man have a great Christmas!