Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Science Project
















At the start of the school year Cole was given a packet of information on science fair projects. At his school district it is mandatory for 4th and 5th grade but an option for all others. He loved helping me with my project this summer and was excited about doing his own. I signed him up. The deadline seemed so far away. Fast forward to this weekend and me saying "What the heck was I thinking??????" His deadline came smack in the middle of a myriad of my own assignments that were due. I put my stuff on hold and we got busy on his project. We stained some hard-boiled eggs and tested different types of toothpastes to see what cleaned better. My favorite part was his hypothesis that his Watermelon Kids toothpaste would work better because it tastes the best. We had a great time. We completed his display board tonight and I will drop him off in the morning, so he can turn it in. I love his handwriting and crooked cutting and pasting, it just makes me smile every time I see it. What do ya'll think?
The firstt picture is how he dressed himself on Sunday to go to the gym. I cracked up....and yes I did let him go that way. Brown shorts, jean shorts, red baseball socks, yellow crocs, and a stocking cap now that is what I call an outfit.

4 comments:

Dana said...

I think his outfit is terrific. And he helped prove that I'm not wasting money by buying the whitening toothpastes!

Alissa said...

Great project! I think his outfit was great. Reminds me of my dad- who still dresses like that

Vetmommy said...

I think some marketing firms in NYC would pay a lot of money to artists to get that "child crafted" look for some of their ads! I love it too!

Also, it's great how the cap folds his ears down. How wonderful to be so comfortable in your own outfit.

Emily said...

That's great that he's so interested in science. And very cool of you to help him with a project even though it wasn't mandatory. :-)