Saturday, November 10, 2007

Loose tooth

Cole has talked so much about getting his first loose tooth. They talk about losing baby teeth at school and have a lost tooth chart that he can't wait to get his name on. We check his teeth frequently, but none have budged until now.

Yesterday at his afterschool care, he was chasing his paper airplane and ran in front of the swings. He was kicked in the face (or the back, depending on the story) and spun around and landed face first in the rocks (that part was verified by the teachers). His lip was swollen, his nose is all scratched up, and he said his teeth hurt. I looked at his teeth last night and the gums were swollen. Tonight I looked at his teeth again and sure enough the left top front tooth is loose. When I told Cole it wiggled his eyes lit up and flew off my lap, shouting with excitement that his tooth was loose. We had to show Granny and Papa and my eyes quickly filled with tears at yet another sign that my little boy is growing up (with the aide of a face plant).

5 comments:

Dana said...

Boys will be boys. Now it's time to introduce the Tooth Fairy. How much is the Tooth Fairy paying these days, anyway? Just a quarter when I was a kid. I imagine it's at least a dollar now.

Alissa said...

Hopefully he doesn't try that again next time he wants to lose a tooth.

Leah said...

Poor Cole!!! I hope he is feeling better.

Andarius said...

Growing up hurts!

Emily said...

Well, at least you got his mind off the pain of the face plant, huh? :-)