Monday, May 21, 2007

MACH 3

I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. This weekend was jammed packed. Both mornings started out with open water 1/2 mile swims in preparation for the triathalon that is a mere three weeks away...GULP.

During the swim on Saturday we also practiced the group mass start that will be a part of the swimming on race day. Nothing like try to swim while you are being kicked, scratched, and people are swimming on top of your legs, while you gulp down mouthfuls of lukewarm algae green lake water. After the swim, I rushed to Cole's T-ball tournament game. Then I had to shop for a new swimsuit which is about as much fun as having my fingernails ripped out one-by-one. Then we went to a fair at the ballpark.

Sunday morning another open-water swim at a great lake in Pflugerville, it was pfun to swim with pfriends. I need to continue to practice in the open water to ease my anxiety of not being able to see or touch the bottom. We rushed back home to shower and then headed to Cole's T-ball end of the season party. I hate this type of things. I always feel awkard and hate making small talk. The dads were all grouped together outside, the moms inside. I spent the entire 3 hours playing with all the kids. The last several hours we all played baseball, talk about a great work-out. One adult vs. 8 kids, I was running and jumping all over the place. Then Cole and I had to head to my work. We have a big inspection coming up tomorrow. We worked for about 3 1/2 hours, I was exhausted (not to mention sore from swimming and running with the kids). After getting home and bathing Cole, I collapsed into bed, in seconds it seemed the alarm was going off again.

I worked all day today, left for Cole's last game (he's sad that he won't see his coach again), and returned to work for another 3 hours. So much for relaxing before summer school starts. I guess this is just a jammed pack time of year. After the inspection at work in the morning, hopefully things will slow down some.

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

It was a crazy busy weekend for all. I was very impressed at what a strong, fast swimmer you are. You definitely won't drown! You pforgot to mention Anthony and the noodle.

ColeBugsmommy said...

I didn't forget :-) I just didn't want to make Anthony mad. I REALLY wanted to title the post "If only Anthony had a noodle."

Joey said...

Wow! Your drive and energy never ceases to amaze me! You're a pfunny writer. Clever. You're like me when it comes to socializing & small talk. I'd be more comfortable playing with the kids, too. I had to make small talk at Faith's pre-K graduation last week. I was wearing my scrubs from work and I could see out of the corner of my eye some father in a tie was sizing me up for a long time. Finally he walked over to me and said, "So which vet do you work for in town?" To which I replied, "I am the vet." He said "Oh!", smiled and that small talk was cut short:)

Leah said...

I don't know why you think you are not going to make it through this triathlon...your are doing GREAT!! you beat me in every sport. I think I should be the only one worried about it. (and I AM)