Saturday, February 17, 2007

Strep Throat part Deuce

Cole is sick again :-(. After swimming lessons on Thursday his cheeks were flushed. When we got home I took his temp and it was 101. It had hit 102.5 by the morning. I had to take him to work with me Friday, which was stressful when I know he really needed to be home resting. We went to the doctor late in the afternoon and sure enough he has strep and an ear infection again. Here we go with the struggling of giving medications again, at least this antibiotic is only once a day. This am when I woke up for work he was covered head to toe in a rash, the ear that had the infection in was swollen and blistered. I called the after-hours clinic and made an appointment. They wanted to see him right away to make sure it wasn't a reaction to the antibiotic. Again I had to work, so I had to write a letter of consent for my mom to take him. The additional diagnosis, Scarlet Fever. Looks like we will be spending a weekend with Scooby Doo and the gang.

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

I felt so bad for Colebug on Friday, he looked so miserable. Thank god for antibiotics. I hope he is feeling better by now.