Thursday, February 15, 2007

A good man in the making

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. My mom had taken Cole shopping for me last weekend. The funny thing is he always wants to buy me jewelry and he knows what he wants to buy me when he sees it. He had kept his secret all week. On the way to school yesterday morning, Cole sleepily said, "I can't wait to get home tonight to give you your Valentimes gift." When I agreed that I couldn't wait to get home to exchange gifts as well, he said "I might have gotten you a necklace, or....I might not have." "If I got you a necklace it might be a circle with a heart....or It might not." "If I got you a necklace with a circle and a heart, don't put it on Tasha or Dozier (the dogs) because it might break". Hmmm....wonder what my gift was :-)

At school they exchanged Valentines, had a party and a Valentine Dance. When I went to pick him up, the ladies could not wait to tell me how much he danced, they said there was some Saturday Night Fever moves and lots of rump shaking (must be all those nights at the Broken Spoke) and they were in stitches the whole time. One of the moms video taped the event and is going to make me a copy.

So this got me thinking....he puts the toilet seat down, puts in clothes in the laundry hamper, is affectionate, buys jewelry for all the right occasions, and loves to dance, seems like he'll be a good man in the making (although R would say he'll be gay, because anytime a man does something thoughtful or respectful to a woman, this was a sign of weakness to him). Anyway...Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

He is going to be a great man, because he has a great mom who is teaching him to be responsible. Hopefully, you can look forward to a great daughter-in-law.