Thursday, November 09, 2006

WHOOOOHOOO!

Today the first wage garnishment for child support hit my account! It wasn't much, only about 40% of what he'll owe me every month, but something is better than nothing. After months and months of struggling, phone calls with the Attorney General, and red-tape there is finally something to show for my effort. He may have emotionally and physically abandoned Cole, but he can't completely financially abandon him (unless he quits working...but only positive thoughts). My plan is to put 100% of it into savings, since I'm living @ home now. It would be so wonderful to have a little padding financially for the first time. So for now, I'm thankful that if you follow the rules the system can help you.

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

ITS ABOUT TIME! Congratulations. Cole really deserves better, but at least its something.

Leah said...

Time to go out and party...lol