Saturday, December 20, 2008

Playing Catch-up

As Vetmommy pointed out I haven't blogged much. Not working or being in school as left me little to blog about. The first week that I was done with student teaching I was mostly depressed. It turns out that I'm not someone who does well with tons of free time on my hands. I'm too used to having my days filled. I've mostly been doing tedious tasks like completing applications, paperwork, being fingerprinted, etc. to start substituting. I found myself counting down until Cole was out of school and it was time to go to the gym. Last week I was determined to get out of my funk so I started going to the gym in the mornings (even though I'd be working out in the evening too). At least then I was out of the house and ready to start my errands and feeling like I'd accomplished something.

The last few weeks have been frustrating for other reasons, too. Cole got sent to the office not once but twice. Both times for being silly in class and trying to make other kids laugh. He's been grounded and we have both been upset. One of the things I love most about him is his sense of humor and fun. I always have felt that I was too serious even as I child, so I love that Cole's isn't. However, this is getting him in trouble which means he quickly needs to learn what lines to not cross at school. Sigh....

What else has happened? I graduated on Friday. I actually walked which I wasn't originally going to do. But my friends wanted me to and my family, so I caved. Everyone kept asking me if I was excited. Not really, I'm mostly embarrassed, after all I'm 33. I graduated summa cum laude which was what I was proud of since I was juggling working full-time and being a mom. After graduation we went to lunch. I was laughing later, because my friends (even the older ones) were having parties and my plans were lunch, the gym, and nettie potting Cole's nose. The funny thing was I wouldn't have traded places for the world.

So now I just need to finish getting ready for Christmas. I hope to enjoy spending time with Cole during the winter break and then get to WORK!

4 comments:

Leah said...

CONGRATS!!! on your graduation!!!! I hope your time with your grandmother has been going well too....

The Laukkanen's said...

Congratulations! I for one am most impressed by all your hard work, dedication, and most of all for your wonderful relationship with your son. At 33 you have accomplished so much-you should be very proud. You are fullfilling your dream to make Cole's and your life better. So many people wait until they are much older to get such things accomplished. I may have graduated school at an earlier age, but at 36 am now learning from people like you how to be a good parent and role model! You go girl! And have a wonderful Christmas!
Casey

Vetmommy said...

Congratulations on your honor graduation! You have always had such a strong work ethic. I am sure you will pass that on to Cole.

Maureen said...

Congrats on graduating, especially summa cum laude!!!