Thursday, August 21, 2008

In the news


While we were at the park yesterday a photographer from our local paper took pics of Cole and Colin. She said they may or may not make the paper. This morning there was Cole in black and white (they didn't use any of Colin - maybe because his mom wasn't there to give consent?). Cole was thrilled this morning.


In other news, I found out what school and grade I'll be student teaching. I'm in a very nice school district and supposedly the school is outside one of the more exclusive neighborhoods in town, should be interesting. The good (or bad) thing is that there means there will be a lot of parent involvement, too. I got 3rd grade. I'm a little nervous, because I haven't worked with this age before, but I'm excited and I can do ANYTHING for a semester! I have a few meetings and such and then will be in the classroom full-time on the 8th. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Good luck! I was thrilled to see Cole in the paper, although I must admit jealousy that Colin wasn't included. I figured it was the consent thing. I showed it to Colin, and he gave it about the same amount of interest he gave the photographer (who he did not remember at all).

Colin got Anna's kindergarten teacher. They are both psyched and we are happy. Hope your classroom is good, too.

Alissa said...

Exciting news- I think you will love 3rd grade! Great picture of Cole.