Monday, May 26, 2008

At a loss for words

Sometimes you have got to wonder what goes on in their six-year-old brains!

Tonight we were feeding Cole's fish before bed. One of his water frogs that wasn't looking so good this morning was floating belly up. As I grabbed the net, I told Cole to find something to put the frog in. He grabbed a half-empty (or half-full depending on your view on life) bottle of Gatorade. I netted the frog and dropped him into the bottle. I told Cole to go poor the contents into the toilet while I fed the fish. I heard the pouring and the flush. As he rounded the corner of the bathroom, I saw him taking a swig of the remaining Gatorade in the bottle!!!!!!! I almost flipped out. What goes through their heads? I truly was at a loss for words. I started to ask him what could he be thinking about drinking from a bottle that seconds before had a floating dead frog..but the look of shock and confusion and then sheepishness on his face, just made me crack up. Boys!

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

I think there is something that deletes logical thinking in their brains in order to maximally stimulate their immune system at this age. I've been in the same situation, sister!

Alissa said...

Yuck! I am sure it added a lot of flavor to the gatorade/frogade.

Joey said...

I'm sad to say that I've seen worse. I remember one time when Faith picked up a dead ugly white bug w/ wings and ate it. James & Cole both have picked up old food from the floor of public places and had it in their mouth before I could even begin to move in their direction. But yet, Cole freaks out if his hands get dirty w/ food while he eats. He'll actually stop eating until I clean his hands. Go figure.

Dana said...

Well...you know what they say little boys are made of. I guess it just came naturally. Ewwww.....