Monday, August 20, 2007

The one reason I miss having a man

There is only one reason I miss having a man around and no it isn't what you are thinking. Get your mind out of the gutter :-) It's taking care of little things on the car. Not routine oil changes and such, I've always taken care of that stuff. But the annoying things like scraping car tags off the windshield, replacing wipers, plates and bulbs. I don't have much patience for doing these tasks. In a relationship I think if I'm washing his dirty underwear and all, it is only fair that they help with these tasks. Asking too much...apparently so.

This morning when I turned on my left turn signal it started clicking double time. I was pretty sure this meant that my turn signal was out, which was correct. At lunch I ran to a auto part store and picked out the correct bulb. I headed back to work and using my car manual removed the plastic casing and the carpet to get tail light. Sweating in the 100 degree heat and humidity I tried to determine what I needed to remove next. A male co-worker then came to help me. Working together we had it replaced in less than five minutes. So I guess men are good for some things. Just kidding, actually I've realized in last few months my hard man-hating outer shell has been cracking. It's time to harden it back up. I just need to think about how it has been since April (Cole's b-day) since his dad contacted him and I can fill in those man-hating cracks. See I'm starting to feel all bitter, I mean better again. SMILE

4 comments:

Emily said...

But not all men are bad! Just the ones you and I have picked in the past! :-)

I like a man to take out the trash. I just don't like doing that. It would be great to find a handy guy like my bro-in-law, Anthony, though. He can fix just about anything.

Andarius said...

Not sure I should even touch this one! :o)

Glad you have a working turn signal again!

Dana said...

I always like a man that will take out the garbage, kill the giant-scarey waterbugs, and wash my car. I just like to run it through the car wash, but apparently, that' really not a good wash. There's hand-waxing and detailing that I just don't want to do. Oh yeah, and someone to cling to while I'm watching scarey movies.

Vetmommy said...

If anything ever happens to Anthony, I am coming to you for help. He has definitely left me spoiled in the man-help dept. I think though, for his benefit, my skills in the kitchen have blossomed thanks to being free of those mundane tasks (ie oil changing!).

You definitely have the skills and gumption to make with w/o a man! Plus, Cole and his Y-chromosome will be there soon enough.