Friday, August 10, 2007

From Arizona

My grandfather passed away yesterday morning. At least he is no longer suffering. I'm sad but also relieved. My dad, my brother and Cole and I flew into Phoenix today. It was so strange being at my grandparents house without him there. No one would sit in his chair. It just sat there empty while we all sat in our usual spots. Tomorrow we are seeing some of our family. Both my parents are from Phoenix so we have some visiting and catching up to do, sad that it has to be under these conditions.

My grandpa's viewing is on Sunday and the funeral is on Monday. We will be heading back home on Wednesday. Cole is still blissfully unaware of the sadness and is mostly just looking forward to seeing his cousins.

4 comments:

Leah said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. I am glad he is no longer suffering.

Joey said...

I'm glad you were able to make the trip to be with your family. I can't imagine what your mom has gone through. The one peace I've always had regarding my own father's death is that it was quick and he didn't have to suffer. I'm so sorry your family had to go through this.

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry that you're having to deal with all of this. My grandma passed away last summer and it was very strange to be in her house. The good part is that Cole will be able to see all his cousins. My boys still talk about their "cousins in Kansas". It's sad that funerals are the one time when all families get together.

Emily said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.