Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Rusty Old Chicken

Last night Cole made our house a "restaurant". He was the "manager" and me, my mom, and my dad were his "workers". The name of the restaurant was the "Rusty Old Chicken" (hmmm...I think I may have eaten there before). He taught my mom how to serve him properly with correct presentation and verbal etiquette. When my dad complained about his service at the Rusty Old Chicken and demanded to see the manager, Cole defended his "workers", when my dad continued to complain Cole walked away. My dad said the manager can't walk away and Cole replied that he could do whatever he wanted as manager he can even punch "bad workers" and he proceeded to playfully punch my dad in the stomach. He then said in his deep stern voice and furrowed brow, " You are FIRED. Bug off!" He was quick to add, "just decoration fired, not real fired." He had us cracking up pretending to be the "manager", I forgot how wonderful imagination truly is, make believe is so much better than the real world.

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

You'll have to remember that for all the grumpy people at work - punch 'em in the stomach and say, "You're fired!"

Dana said...

So...I can go to Cole for my management training, right?

Leah said...

Sign me up for that training too. At least he said "Bug off" instead of the lovely word I taught him the other day....lol

Emily said...

How cute!